Welcome to “Not A Farmhouse”! Thank you for visiting – it’s so nice to have you here! My name is Laurie (Claire); I am a thirty something year old happy wife and mama to our three beautiful children. My husband and I are from the UK and moved to Australia in 2010 with our then, only child. Our two younger children were born here.
We live in the State of Queensland on the East Coast of Australia and love the outdoor lifestyle here for our children, although I will admit, I find it a bit hot in the Summer months and do spend a lot of my time indoors with the air conditioning on. Having grown up in a much cooler climate, I really do feel the humidity during the Summers here. Even the locals complain when Summer rolls around each year!! 😉 Complaints aside, Queensland is a lovely place to live and pretty laid back. Our two older children attend a wonderful local school and we live right by the coast (well, a couple of minutes drive away).
I created “Not A Farmhouse” because I have a love of crafting, DIY and farmhouse style decor, especially if it’s white and budget friendly!! Don’t judge me if I tell you that my home (inside and out), is indeed, white! We are currently working on creating a home out of our house. We don’t live in a farmhouse, although I would absolutely love that, however, we are styling our home to reflect the qualities of such a style.
15 random facts about me, in no particular order, because, why not…
- I was born in England and lived there until I was 22 (I am English).
- I lived in Spain and then Wales, before moving to Australia.
- White is my favourite colour, and it’s not even a colour, haha!!
- My favourite foods are sweets (lollies/candy), prawns and anything with lemon!
- I am an Autumn/Winter person – born in Autumn in the UK. I just prefer the cooler months!
- I became a Christian almost three years ago – a life choice I made in January 2016! The best one I have ever made.
- I miss Christmas at ‘home’ every.single.year.
- We haven’t returned to the UK since we moved here.
- I LOVE the coast and everywhere I have lived has been by the coast (apart from one 18 month stint) – I don’t think I could live inland.
- I am very clumsy and passed this onto my oldest child ;-P
- I’m a ‘Type B’ creative person who would much rather spend my time at home than go out!
- I would rather eat a plate of freshly prepared salad than a plate of cooked veggies.
- I drink too much tea (I am English, y’know!!)
- Hobbies I enjoy are sewing, knitting, crochet, spinning, photography, interior design/decor, journaling and planning.
- I am always late, no matter how hard I try not to be!